Most of my photos look better enlarged - just click on the photo to do this



Monday, 14 September 2009

Day at the seaside

I promised in my French Idyll post yesterday to let you see the pictures taken on Saturday of our day out to Lyme Regis.

Despite living within an hour's drive of the coast this was only the second time we had been within sight of the sea since returning to live in England exactly a year ago today the other time was back in May when the bluebells were out. Must try harder to go more often!



This one is taken not far from home at the beginning of our drive to the coast. It is one of my favourite views and we pass this way quite often - pity I wasn't quite quick enough off the mark with the shutter as it would have been better taken a little higher up the hill!
Typical of the views along the way.


Having seen the price of the car park down in the town we decided that the Long Stay park - £1 per day - was worth the walk down (and of course back up at the end of the day!) This was the path down to the promenade.




Fabulous day fabulous views!



We had lunch in this lovely peaceful little courtyard.......

........ followed by a wander round the shops.

Then the climb back up to the car park having spent a very pleasant few hours got our daily quota of sunshine, fresh air and exercise.

So for those of you who think it is always raining in England - you see we do have some lovely days too! And perhaps you can see too why I am so happy to be living in the lovely part of the world and am not missing being in France at all?

12 comments:

  1. What a coincidence! I am reading 'Persuasion' by Ms Austen and was wondering how the landscape of Lyme Regis looked like. I must say it is really beautiful. I want to live in that lovely part of the world too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful blue sky, really not seen much of them this summer. Your day out seemed marvelous, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Ooohhh' such memories - I recognise it all even though it has been a couple of years since we last visited.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely day! The little courtyard looks very cosy!

    Fresh sea air is so nice to breath!

    XXX

    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Idyllic! Love that road leading to the sea!

    Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely post! I love to see the blue sky days and the scenery & buildings are so different to ours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been there but it looks absolutely beautiful!

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to have found you again. Got a comment from you quite awhile ago and was going thru deleting them. Happy I didn't. Notice you are from Somerset. I follow a blog that is from there I believe. Isabelle from Suzy's vintage attic. She's on my sidebar if your interested in checking her out. She's a lovely girl!
    xo,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for leaving a comment on my Plants and Things blog. It was just checking that blog to see how the new color looked. It's kind of my practice blog. I had just posted that one for the heck of it. I don't know why I don't receive the comments on my email. ??? strange! Well thanks again for coming by!
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! I grew up by the sea & it always does my soul good when I see it again.

    :-)
    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I LOVE Lyme Regis so much, sucha fabulous place for a days pottering. looks like you had glorious Dorset weather too....feeling a tad homesick now though :o(
    Lxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that coastline too, we are planning our annual trip to Lyme Regis and seeing that view from the carpark down into the town brought back so many memories of leaden sunburnt legs at the end of a beautiful Dorset day..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and I hope you have found what you read of interest. Do please leave a comment as I love to hear what you think.